Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Duke vs. Rutgers

I spent a lot of time on the road today. And while I drove, I listened in to Rush, and Sean and Bill O'Reilly while they commented on the day's developments in the Duke LaCrosse case.

It occurred to me that there was a connection between the recent Imus flap and the Duke case. Never in my life have I been so desperate for a clear cell phone connection in order to call a national talk radio program.

My idea was that brilliant. It had to be shared with the rest of the world.

Immediately.

My point was this: A lot of folks have spent the last few days in a tizzy because a Don Imus, a talk show host, failed miserable at an unwise attempt at humor. We have been mortally OFFENDED that a basketball team has been called a name.

Meanwhile, because of some unethical actions by a Prosecuting Attorney, three young men at Duke have spent 395 days with the label "accused RAPIST" hanging over their head. Yes, the charges have no been dropped - but they should have been dropped long ago.

I'm guessing "Accused RAPIST" is probably a lot harder to get over than 'nappy headed ho.'

Shouldn't we be a bit more outraged about the Duke case than the Imus case? (And if you don't think race played a part in the media frenzy at Duke, you're sorely mistaken!)

Well, that was the brilliant idea.

And then, there I was - working in the office tonight, listening to Glenn Beck. (We don't get his show live around here)

Mr. Beck made my brilliant argument EXACTLY. (Unfortunately, he also made it much better than I did.)

Further evidence that Glenn Beck is a GENIUS.

No comments: